Hi! Can the itch version be played with Steam users or is it the multiplayer in this version strictly LAN only?
A downloadable game for Windows, macOS, and Linux
The classic couch competitive gameplay of games like Bomberman brought into the modern era. Place bombs, get out of the way, destroy your friends, collect powerups, 'splode your way to victory in a variety of game modes adapted for smooth multiplayer with virtually unlimited local players!
- As many local players as you can connect controllers for (4-20 recommended)
- Mix and match local and online players
- Cross-platform online multiplayer between Windows, Linux, OSX and PS4
- Ranking and Leaderboards
- Note: Steam or Discord is required to authenticate with official servers for ranked games, but private servers (direct connect by IP) and LAN games are accessible without authentication
- Play against bots to practice or fill in a game
- Level editor, share custom levels
- Music by The Hamster Alliance
- Various game modes and settings including:
- Traditional "Last Man Standing"
- "Capture the Dino" - Fight over control for a mount in this game mode which keeps all players respawning and in the action until the end of the match
- Free for all or teams
- "Humans vs Bots" - a team of human players (online and/or local) vs large numbers of bots
- Special levels with different behaviors
- With post-mortem "ghost bombers," players can affect the game after they are defeated, so no one gets bored between matches
- Built on a custom engine supporting any number of any kind of controller, smooth performance on low-end hardware, and snappy online multiplayer even on high-latency connections with players from around the world
Splody is regularly updated with new features as requested by the community (primarily on Steam) and fixes as needed. A history of updates is available on the Dashing Strike forums or on the Steam forums.
ESRB: E10+ - Comic Mischief / Fantasy Violence / Users Interact
|Platforms||Windows, macOS, Linux|
|Tags||bomberman, Local Co-Op, Local multiplayer, Multiplayer, party-game|
|Average session||About a half-hour|
|Inputs||Keyboard, Xbox controller, Gamepad (any), Joystick, Playstation controller|
|Accessibility||Color-blind friendly, Configurable controls|
|Multiplayer||Local multiplayer, Server-based networked multiplayer, Ad-hoc networked multiplayer|
|Player count||1 - 16|
|Links||Steam, Homepage, Discord, Community, Support, Twitter|
In order to download this game you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $6.99 USD. Your purchase comes with a Steam key. You will get access to the following files:
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
It's completely cross-platform, you can play the itch.io version with players on Steam, Discord, and PlayStation 4. Only caveat is that to play on the official public servers you must be signed in to Steam or Discord for authentication (doesn't matter where you bought it from though). Dedicated servers (if you or a friend runs one) can be configured as to whether they accept any connection or only authenticated (Steam/Discord/PSN) users.
I don't know how to start the DRM free version on my Mac. I need instructions please.
Hi Silverhawk! There should be an executable named
SplodyDarwin64 that you can run. I don't actually have access to a Mac to test on, so not sure on exact steps. It's possible it lost the "executable" bit when getting packed for itch.io, so you might need to use the terminal and run:
chmod +x SplodyDarwin64
And then run
./SplodyDarwin64. If that works, let me know, I'll try to fix the itch.io build process and update the instructions.
Thanks for the details over on Discord! This issue has now been resolved, you should now be able to simply double-click on the SplodyDarwin64 executable to run it.